Candidates announced for IHA’s 2023 Board Elections
At the International Hydropower Association (IHA), we are committed to advancing sustainable hydropower. This commitment is led by our Board members. This year’s Board elections will decide who will shape and direct IHA’s work for the next two years.
Candidates are drawn from across the world from a variety of backgrounds with a range of perspectives, insights and views on the issues affecting the organisation. Successful candidates will help lead the sector at a vital time for hydropower as a key part of the renewables family driving the delivery of a clean energy transition for net-zero for 2050.
Here is a list of candidates standing for election in 2023:
North and Central America:
- Chris McMonagle, Bechtel
- Gia Schneider, Natel Energy
- Herbie Johnson, Southern Company
- Lynn St-Laurent, Hydro-Québec
- Gabriel dos Santos Cruz Rocha, Worley
- Gil de Methodio Maranhao Neto, ENGIE
- José Franco Pinheiro Machado, Intertechne Consultores S.A.
South and Central Asia:
East Asia and Pacific:
- Bin YU, China Three Gorges Corporation (CTG)
- HE Shengming, Yalong River Hydropower Development Company, Ltd.
- Karen Frances Atkinson, SMEC International Pty Ltd
- Knut Sierotzki, AFRY
- Sharbini Suhaili, Sarawak Energy Berhad
- Tammy Chu, Hydro Tasmania
- Emmanuelle Verger, EDF Hydro
- Frédéric SAUZE, Andritz Hydro
- Janice Goodenough, HYDROGRID
- Joana Freitas, EDP
- Jon Ulrik Haaheim, Statkraft
- Oli Gretar Blondal Sveinsson, Landsvirkjun
- Pascal Radue, General Electric
- Tobias Keitel, Voith Hydro